- Job type
- Administrative competition
- Job Service
- Centre for Education, Research and Innovation in Materials and Processes
- Job Location
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure Mines-Télécom Lille Douai (IMT Nord Europe)
Public establishment belonging to IMT (Institut Mines-Télécom), placed under the supervision of the Ministry of Industry, IMT Nord Europe has three main objectives: providing our students with ethically responsible engineering practice enabling them to solve 21st century issues, carrying out our R&D activities leading to outstanding innovations and supporting territorial development through innovation and entrepreneurship. Ideally positioned at the heart of Europe, 1 hour away from Paris, 30 min from Brussels and 1h30 from London, IMT Nord Europe has strong ambitions to become a main actor of the current industrial transitions, digital and environmental, by combining education and research on engineering and digital technologies.
Located on two main campuses dedicated to research and education in Douai and Lille, IMT Nord Europe offers research facilities of almost 20,000m² in the following areas:
– Digital science,
– Processes for industry and services,
– Energy and Environment,
– Materials and Processes.
IMT Nord Europe aims at strengthening its Research and Innovation Center (CERI) in Process and Materials both in education and training but also at developing cross-cutting research activities with the other Research and Innovation Centres of our school. The central axes of the CERI are focused on Advanced Materials and Manufacturing, Circular Economy and Eco-Materials and Digital Materials and Processes applied to polymers, composites and civil engineering materials.
The selection committee will pay specific attention to cross-cutting proposals allowing the connection between the different Centers of IMTLD. For more information, see: www.imt-lille-douai.fr
The required missions of the successful lecturer / assistant professor position candidate are described below.
Under the guidance of the Head of Process and Materials Engineering Centre, the successful candidate will actively contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the Centre:
Teaching Missions and responsibilities:
- Significant contribution to the delivery of teaching programs (courses, tutorials, practical works) of undergraduate and graduate students in his/her field of expertise, ie. Polymer processing and composites manufacturing (processing/manufacturing technologies, polymer physics, materials characterization, environmentally friendly materials, recycling etc.) but also in the core curriculum. Some lectures will be given in English.
- Setting up teaching programs related to environmental matters.
- Teaching Mathematics and Physics at an undergraduate level.
- Being involved in our Apprenticeship Program in collaboration with “Polyvia Formation”.
- Implement and engage innovative educational methods (MOOC, inverted classes…).
- Participate in pedagogical supervision (projects, internships, competition juries).
Experience in monitoring internships and supervising thesis would be highly appreciated.
Research and technology-transfer Missions:
- Develop and conduct research projects and supervise master/PhD students and post-docs in one or several of the core business of the Centre, in particular polymer processing and composites manufacturing,
- Implement contractual research and incentive actions and facilitate knowledge transfer in partnership with economic actors.
- Initiate cross-cutting research with other IMT teams to deliver innovative and market-driven solutions such as hybridization of processes, digitalization in plastic / composite industry or connected materials.
- Prepare the French diploma accreditation to supervise research (“Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (HDR)” in French).
- Promote the department’s activities and ensure its thematic development while enhancing the links with our research and innovation centers.
- Be actively involved in the development of the center’s research themes.
- Participate to the activities of regional, national and international scientific groups and organize scientific events.
- Undertake scientific watch.
- Produce high quality scientific outputs: peer-review papers, patents, etc.
The successful candidate must have strong scientific background and technical skills, allowing her/him to carry out the aforementioned missions.
- have solid scientific and technological background and significant experience in the field of processing of thermoplastic polymers, polymer physics and their application to composites:
- Thermoplastics processing (extrusion, injection, additive manufacturing…) and composite manufacturing:
- On-line monitoring and control of process
- Simulation tools to develop and optimize processes
- Mechanical recycling of thermoplastics
- Structural characterization of polymers and composites
- set up regional, national and international projects (European…)
- have very good communication and teamwork skills.
- a strong teaching experience is mandatory.
- have a good command of English, (both oral and written) and show negotiation and communication skills in order to :
- demonstrate a marked integration into the international community, justify linguistic and cultural abilities to develop international training and research projects.
- Attend working and discussion groups, international and national events (seminars, congresses..)
- deliver online internet courses (MOOCS in English).
The candidate must hold a PhD degree in the field of polymer and / or composite materials, ideally with an approach involving processing/manufacturing issues. This position is open to a candidate interested in teaching and research oriented towards industrial and societal issues. Work experience of post-doctoral research and of project management will be highly appreciated and substantial record of research output in high quality outlets, will be highly desirable. The candidate should show cultural awareness with an aptitude for multi-disciplinary projects.
The administrative residence is located in Douai but teaching delivering will be done in both main locations.
APPLICATION FORM :
The application package must contain :
-Curriculum Vitae specifying your activities in the area of education, research (list of publications, conference presentations), administration and community tasks. Your CV must also mention the name and contact details of two referees.
-Copy of diploma and job titles
-A cover letter
-A synthesis document which gives an overview of your positions, works and experience
-The reference list of your pubications
-Passeport or identity card
-Please, feel free to send any other document you consider relevant for the application.
Deadline date for submissions: 23/04/2021
Eligibility Conditions: European Nationality Holders (European Union) at the candidature submission date and holder of a PhD degree.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE MISSIONS, CONTACT:
Didier LESUEUR – Director of CERI MP:
– Tél +33 7 81 76 25 27
The required document and for applying for this position can be obtained by contacting Human Resources Department:
– Tél: 03.27.71.25.36 ou 03.27.71.25.20
Please click on this link to get all details regarding the application to this position :