The Specialized Master in Products and Processes for the Concrete Industry combines engineering, technology and creativity to train experts in industrial civil engineering. The program offers the opportunity to explore the practical aspects of concrete production and the latest technological advances.
This program is the result of an ongoing commitment by our “Materials and Processes” Research and Innovation Teaching Center to the field of construction materials.
- Close collaboration with the concrete industry through a research chair (Chaire CIRVAL)
- An interdisciplinary program to develop skills in materials science, concrete technology, project management and sustainability.
- Lecturers who are experts in their field of concrete, their in-depth knowledge, experience and network make them reference guides throughout the course.
- A project-based teaching approach that emphasizes learning through involvement and management of real projects.
- Master the characteristics, properties and advanced formulation and manufacturing techniques of concrete materials.
- Design sustainable concrete structures that resist environmental constraints with minimal ecological impact. Analyze the performance of concrete structures. Explore opportunities offered by new innovative concrete materials.
- Implement quality control procedures to guarantee the reliability of concrete materials and structures. Be familiar with international standards and regulations (EUROCODES) applicable to the concrete industry.
- Manage projects applied to the concrete industry, manage planning, respect the budget and monitor the execution of construction projects.
These skills will prepare you to meet the complex challenges of the concrete industry in-house or within organizations involved in the construction and production of high-quality concrete materials.
Perspectives and professions
The concrete industry is constantly evolving, with a wide range of career prospects:
- Engineer in industrial civil engineering, or in Concrete Materials, or in structural design
- Regulatory Compliance Manager (in concrete)
- Materials Quality Manager
- Consultant in Structural Concrete, or in Structural Durability, or in Concrete Element Design
- Project Coordinator
- Concrete Research and Development Manager
- CTI-accredited engineering degree (Bac+5)
- Master’s degree M2 (Bac+5)
- University diplomas at M1 or Maîtrise level (Bac+4) and three years’ professional experience
- Foreign diplomas of equivalent level (Bac+5)
The candidate’s application is studied by the educational supervisor and then submitted to an admissions jury, which meets 4 times between March and June.
The candidate is notified by email of the jury’s decision.
To apply, download the application form
The application file must be sent before June 7, 2024 and before March 17, 2024 for international candidates.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training lasts 12 months:
September to February: in-school training,
March to August: 6 months of professional thesis.
The start of the 2024 session is scheduled for early September 2024.
- Introduction Préfa
- Strength of materials
- Introduction to binders
- Environmental construction
- Geotechnical generalities
- Introductory sequence
- HPC formulation
- Structure calculation
- New binders
- Reinforced concrete for prefabrication
- Individual Management and Negotiation
- Change Management
- Managerial Behaviors
- Management and Leadership
- Collective Management
- Mechanical behavior of concretes to cracking
- Pathology of structures
- Seismic design of structures
- Industrial visits
- Serious game “European energy transition challenges
A professional project is prepared as part of an in-company assignment in the form of a professional thesis.
This represents a privileged means of acquiring knowledge and training through research. The topic addressed must correspond to a real concern in the company’s needs, and be based on the body of research in the field.
The professional thesis is defended before a jury at the end of the course. The professional thesis and the in-company assignment correspond to 30 ECTS credits.
The program is taught 50% by IMT Nord Europe staff and 50% by professionals from the concrete industry. This includes companies that manufacture in fixed plants and market products for the building, public works and environmental markets.
Application fee: €60 non-refundable.
Tuition fees :
- €7,500 for young graduates continuing their studies, jobseekers or people financing their own education ;
- €12,500 for companies
Payable in 3 instalments over the course of the academic year, the 1st instalment paid on enrolment is refundable in the event of visa refusal. Payments can be made by bank transfer or cheque.
764 Bd Lahure, 59500 Douai