MSC in Design and Management of the Industry 4.0
Industry 4.0 is a specialized field and a key challenge today, both in France and globally. This program leverages the recognized expertise of our research professors in the various disciplines that make up this sector.
The digital revolution extends to all fields, including quality, the performance of industrial processes, manufacturing, computer-integrated manufacturing, and services, as well as automation and the optimization of industrial processes.
Moreover, digital technology requires a new approach to industrial processes at a global level. Major corporations and small businesses alike are impacted by this phenomenon.
Amid these changes, this highly relevant and topical program aims to teach students about the various aspects of Industry 4.0.
The overall objective of this program is to provide students with a foundation in the organization, management and automation of production systems. The training provides a multidisciplinary scientific culture applied to computer-integrated manufacturing along with knowledge of automation and automatic control, and more broadly, aspects related to computer-integrated production based on:
- Management and quality tools
- Automation and digitization of processes
- Continuous improvement and industrial performance
This program is unique in that it includes a semester (second semester of the first year) dedicated entirely to management at our partner school, Institut Mines Telecom Business School.
The goal of this unique training is to equip students from the outset with the cultural and technical keys they need to secure management positions in an industrial or logistics environment, with strong knowledge and technical skills in this area.
The final thesis may be carried out at a company, or at a laboratory for students who wish to go on to PhD study.
Digital technology at the heart of industry 4.0
Digital technology is clearly a part of course content and instruction. Tutorials and lab work are conducted in laboratories equipped with computers, physical and digital models, systems to control, mobile robots etc.
The program includes courses introducing concepts that must be implemented in programming language and numerical simulation tools (Python, Matlab, R, etc.)
Given the broad array of cross-disciplinary skills developed, program graduates are prepared for a wide range of careers and positions related to engineering in industries such as the automotive, aeronautics, space, agri-food, transportation, building and energy sectors, to name just a few.
Manage and organize the production to achieve business objectives and fulfill the required constraints of delay, quality, costs and environmental impacts; oversee production processes, coordinate manufacturing and logistic activities, draw up production schedules, …
Industrial Project Director
Steer the design of the project, define and organize the project’s milestones, act as an interface with the project’s stakeholders, lead the coordination with all the actors, arbitrate technical decisions based on KPI and risks estimation, …
Embedded software developer
Design software running on embedded systems and interacting with HMI / sensors / actuators, under real time and low power consumption constraints, …
Define and design automation solution related to industrial process control; select appropriate control algorithms and hardware; manage related projects, …
Research & Development Engineer
Apply to PhD studies
The Master’s program includes an Introduction to Research credit unit. The goal is to educate students about ethical scientific practices under the guidance of experienced researchers
After a PhD program, students can become assistant professors.
To apply to this program, you must hold a Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree (B.Eng. etc.)
In addition, you must demonstrate a B2 level of English proficiency and provide a document attesting to this level of knowledge (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS etc.)
The application deadline for the fall 2023 intake is 30 June 2023.
An application fee of €60 must be paid when you submit your application. This fee is non-refundable and may be paid by electronic bank transfer.
Once your complete application has been received by the Admissions Team, you will receive an email notifying you whether your application has been selected for further consideration. If it has been selected, an interview will be scheduled with the Director of Studies in order to assess your technical knowledge and discuss your career plans. This interview will be conducted in English.
You will be notified of the admission decision shortly after the interview.
Click here to apply for this MSc Programme.
- Extended Enterprise Related Concepts
- Designing and Organizing a Production System : a Case Study
- Computer Assisted Production Management : Design and Optimization of a Mass Production Line
- BASICS : Basis od Supply Chain Management
- Introduction to Industrial Maintenance
- Programmable Logic Controlers
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Transportation Systems Simulation
- Introduction to Mobile Robotics and Associated Software Architectures
- Micro-project : Modular Architecture
- Micro-project : Sensors Data Fusion
- Micro-project : Knowledge Building and Representation
- Micro-project : Embedded Camera
- Robotics Challenge
- French as a Foreign Language
- Finance Analytics
- Digital Intelligence and organization transformation
- Personal Development and communication skills
- Business Plan Challenge
- International business
- French as a Foreign Language
- Supply Chain Management Tactics and Operations
- Global Logistics and Operations
- Management of Innovation and change
- Global HR Management
- Global information and international marketing
- International Project
- Full Time Research Project
- Industrial Digital Systems Architecture
- Embedded Systems for Control and Artificial Intelligence
- ESCAAI Project
- Theory of MPC
- Design of MPC
- MPC Project
- Dynamic Machine Learning
- Data gathering, Clustering and Classification
- Data Fusion
- Pattern Recognition
- During this final thesis, students will apply their theoretical and technical knowledge in a company or in a research laboratory for those who are interested in pursuing PhD studies after their graduation.
The tuition fees are €9,000 per year (€18,000 in total).
According to your country of origin and academic records, you may be eligible to one of the several scholarship programmes that exist. Here are some examples:
- South Africa: The France – South Africa Scholarship Programme
- Worldwide: Eiffel Scholarship Programme of Excellence
- Thaïland: Franco-Thaï Scholarship Programme
- Europe: France Excellence Europa scholarship programme
- India: Charpak Scholarship programme
- United-Kingdon: Entente-Cordiale programme
- The Philippines: PhilFrance Scholarships
- Ghana, Nigeria, Gabon, Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Netherlands etc…
IMT Nord Europe’s team is at your disposal to discuss about these possible scholarship opportunities that may exist to finance this study programme. Please contact us at: email@example.com.
Also, our partner Postgrad Solutions now offer 20 bursaries across a number of subject areas. Click here to apply – How to apply for a Postgrad Solutions Study Bursary | Postgrad.com