In line with international global issues and accompanying action plans, such as the French Climate and Resilience, Climate Energy and Energy Transition for Green Growth Acts, the Low-Carbon Strategy, and the French High Council for the Climate, this course aims to train engineers with expertise in the energy eco-efficiency of buildings, with the keys and methodologies needed to develop sustainable, intelligent and eco-efficient buildings, and improve the energy efficiency of existing ones.
This Specialized Master’s program reflects IMT Nord Europe’s commitment to excellence in energy sustainability and sustainable construction, and offers students :
- Infrastructures and conditions conducive to experimentation and research,
- Project-based teaching to apply theoretical knowledge to real-life projects.
- A teaching staff with extensive expertise in the sustainable energy industry, keeping abreast of industry trends and innovations.
- Professional support in the search for internships as part of the end-of-studies project.
This program is ranked 10th in the national Eduniversal 2023 ranking in the category master Energies – Energies renouvelables
- Master the principles of sustainable architectural design, integrating eco-responsible materials and reducing construction waste (LCA).
- Optimize the use of resources while maximizing energy efficiency.
- Create positive-energy buildings by integrating renewable energy systems: solar panels, geothermal energy, wind power.
- Model data and dynamic building information modeling (BIM) to analyze energy performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Limit the environmental impact of buildings, including their carbon footprint.
- Anticipate and comply with thermal and environmental standards and regulations (LEED certification).
- Analyze and assess the profitability of sustainable construction projects
- Manage projects (construction, rehabilitation), coordinate multidisciplinary stakeholders
Perspectives and professions
- Engineer in sustainable building materials, passive or Positive Energy buildings
- Energy Sustainability Consultant or Auditor
- Energy Renovation Project Manager
- Green Building Project Manager
- Renewable Energy Specialist
- Sustainable Materials Consultant
- Energy Certification Manager
- CTI-accredited engineering degree (Bac+5)
- Master’s degree M2 (Bac+5)
- University diplomas at M1 or Maîtrise level (Bac+4) and three years’ professional experience
- Foreign diplomas of equivalent level (Bac+5)
The candidate’s application is studied by the educational supervisor and then submitted to an admissions jury, which meets 4 times between March and June.
The candidate is notified by email of the jury’s decision.
Application file to be returned by June 7, 2024 and by March 17, 2024 for international applicants.
To apply, download the application form.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The course lasts 12 months:
September to February: in-school training,
March to August: 6-month professional thesis in a company.
The start of the 2024 session is scheduled for early September 2024.
- Heat transfer
- Thermal Comfort
- Indoor air quality
- Building acoustics
- Sustainable Development
- Bioclimatic Architecture
- Ecodesign and Life Cycle Analysis
- Methods and Tools for Dynamic Thermal Modeling of Buildings
- RT2012/RE2020 energy system sizing
- Practical work – Energy systems design
- Digital mock-up
- BBC Energy Efficiency and Thermal Rehabilitation of Buildings
- Renewable energies
- Passive House and Positive Energy Building
- Energy management for low-carbon cities
Scientific and Technical Project
- Eco-construction theater visit in Loos en Gohelle (half-day)
- Visit to Eco-quartiers in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), Beckerich village (Luxembourg)
A professional project is prepared as part of an in-company assignment in the form of a professional thesis.
This represents a privileged means of acquiring knowledge and training through research. The topic addressed must correspond to a real concern in the company’s needs, and be based on the body of research in the field.
The professional thesis is defended before a jury at the end of the course. The professional thesis and the in-company assignment correspond to 30 ECTS credits.
Application fee: €60 non-refundable.
Tuition fees :
- €7,500 for young graduates continuing their studies, jobseekers or people financing their own education ;
- €12,500 for companies
Payable in 3 instalments over the course of the academic year, the 1st instalment paid on enrolment is refundable in the event of visa refusal. Payments can be made by bank transfer or cheque.
764 Bd Lahure, 59500 Douai
The course is also given at IMT Mines Albi : Visit the website