An update in composite materials and technology, meeting project management, industrial and environmental requirements!
Responding to industrial challenges
Composite materials are being developed more and more by the industrial sector. By adding to the respective qualities of several constituents, their overall performance is significantly improved. It is therefore not surprising to see their rapid growth to meet current challenges, for example to reduce the weight of vehicles, disability inclusion but also the improvement of sports equipment.
Unique expertise in composites
This led IMT Nord Europe to establish the MSc Eco-design and Advanced Composite Structures to develop your expertise in composite materials, particularly sought after in this high-tech industry. It takes into account all the issues in the sector, in particular controlling the life cycle of composites and their environmental impact in the context of ecological transition.
This masters course is also “composite” to be in step with industrial realities and their needs for specialised skills. On the technical side, you will work in project mode with all the resources of the IMT Nord Europe laboratories to trial the development of composites on a real scale: technological platform, digital resources, IT cluster, etc. Expertise supplemented by training in management and in project management via a one-semester course at the Institut Mines-Télécom Business School, our academic partner.
The design manager organises the resources and planning of a team of designers to meet the needs of the client in the pre-production phase. They identify technical solutions, in line with market developments and innovations, while ensuring the economic viability of the product. They have the ability to assess the social, environmental and financial impacts of the final project. They work in direct contact with clients throughout the different phases of the project.
Development project Manager/Director
The development project manager is in charge of the development and/or research of products and processes, from the initial design phase through to serial production. They support clients to define their needs and develop appropriate solutions. Using different profiles, they draw up the technical schedule and the financial plan. They also ensure that the solutions proposed throughout the project are shared with the various entities or are widely communicated
To apply to this program, you must hold a Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree (B.Eng. etc.)
In addition, you must demonstrate a B2 level of English proficiency and provide a document attesting to this level of knowledge (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS etc.)
The application deadline for the fall 2024 intake is June 2024.
An application fee of €60 must be paid when you submit your application. This fee is non-refundable and may be paid by electronic bank transfer.
Once your complete application has been received by the Admissions Team, you will receive an email notifying you whether your application has been selected for further consideration. If it has been selected, an interview will be scheduled with the Director of Studies in order to assess your technical knowledge and discuss your career plans. This interview will be conducted in English.
You will be notified of the admission decision shortly after the interview.
- Materials Classification and Applications
- Polymer Structures and Properties
- Composite Materials
- Composite Manufacturing (with lab sessions)
- Company Visit
- Linear Elasticity
- Finite Elements applied to part design
- Design Project on CAD and FEA tools.
According to a scope given by the teaching team, find an innovative idea, and give it birth using functional analysis, CAD tools for design and first dimensioning, labs for manufacturing etc.
An innovative and creative project where the students are expected to:
– Propose an innovative part and a short business study
– Analyse the different functions and propose an eco-design
– Define the manufacturing steps and a short economical study
– Manufacture a prototype
- Physico Chemical Characterization of Polymers and Composites (with lab sessions)
- Smart and Advanced Polymeric and Composites Materials
- Valorization and recycling
- Insdustrial conferences on smart and innovative materials
- French as a Foreign Language
- Sport (optional)
- Finance Analytics (2 ECTS)
- Digital Intelligence and organization transformation (6 ECTS)
- Personal Development and communication skills (1 ECTS)
- Business plan challenge (5 ECTS)
- International business (3 ECTS)
- Supply Chain Management Tactics and Operations (1 ECTS)
- Global Logistics and Operations (1 ECTS)
- Management of Innovation and change (2 ECTS)
- Global HR Management (3 ECTS)
- Global information and international marketing (3 ECTS)
- French as a foreign language (2 ECTS)
- Extra firm visit – under completion (1 ECTS)
A research project directly linked to the industrial current needs concerning at least one of the following:
– Material characterization
– Process development and/or optimization
– Part d-evelopment
- Composites Modeling Processes
- Additive Manufacturing, Prototyping
- Laser assisted processes
- Material Behavior Modeling
- Abaqus Project
- Thin Structure Modeling
- Advanced Finite Elements
- Study Case
- French as a Foreign Language
- Sport (optional)
During this 6-month internship, students will apply the theoretical and technical concepts and methods to real projects in the industry. This semester can also be the opportunity to carry out a master thesis in a research lab.
The tuition fees are €9,000 per year (€18,000 in total).
According to your country of origin and academic records, you may be eligible to one of the several scholarship programmes that exist. Here are some examples:
- South Africa: The France – South Africa Scholarship Programme
- Worldwide: Eiffel Scholarship Programme of Excellence
- Thaïland: Franco-Thaï Scholarship Programme
- Europe: France Excellence Europa scholarship programme
- India: Charpak Scholarship programme
- United-Kingdon: Entente-Cordiale programme
- The Philippines: PhilFrance Scholarships
- Ghana, Nigeria, Gabon, Japan, Vietnam, Indonesia, the Netherlands etc…
IMT Nord Europe’s team is at your disposal to discuss about these possible scholarship opportunities that may exist to finance this study programme. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, our partner Postgrad Solutions now offer 20 bursaries across a number of subject areas. Click here to apply – How to apply for a Postgrad Solutions Study Bursary | Postgrad.com